Saturday, April 12, 2014

Got There As Fast As I Could

As the saying goes for those not from the Lone Start State: I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could.  I will always have a lot of Seattle in my blood but I have also come to love East Texas.  I recently spent three weeks there as a firefighting instructor for maritime Basic Safety Training.  It was a fun three weeks.  A huge thank you to the Thompson clan for opening their home to me.  I don't actually have any photos of our fireground training this time but below are a few others that stand out from the trip.

Yeah, snow (well, frozen rain really) in March in East Texas.  Crazy weather.

Ed Woolever treated me to dinner at 'Circle M Crawfish' in Big Sandy, TX - and it's as redneck as it sounds, complete with a tractor auction on the TV...so of course I loved it.

Boiled shrimp, potatoes, and corn.

Fried Catfish and shrimp.


No comments:

Post a Comment