Friday, October 29, 2010

Peter's Ponderings

So, the problem with starting a blog is that people expect you to upate it, which cool because it means somebody cares about what is going on in your life (like those of you reading this - thanks).  It feels so hard to strike a balance between not blogging often enough and blogging so much that you're not really writing anything worth someone's time to read.  I've had a lot of fun with previous blogs and so much has happened since my last entry that I feel like I could write 20 entries easy.  What do you want to read about?  Do you want to read about our struggle and the challenges that we face in serving in this ministry, do you want to read about our family and how the kids are doing, do you want to read about our joys and victories, do you want to read about how what we do makes a difference, do you want to read about Mercy Ships as an organization and whey they're (we're) all about, do want to read about what God is doing in and through us, do you want to read about the area that we are currently in, do you want to read about random crazy stuff that goes through my head (like this), do you want to read about...?  How often do you want to read about any of those things?

4 comments:

  1. That's really very awesome that you guys are doing that. The blog is a great thing. I personally would love to read about all of the above. I believe all of that information is important in their own ways. I think you should update about once a month with all of that. :) can't wait to read more. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete, I think one post every other day should suffice. Be sure to add the craziest thing your child has said that day, an odd moment with your staff, a situation that God has used to build you up, and a weather report would be good.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie,

    Thanks for your encouragement. I'm sure I can manage at least once a month. Hopefully, it'll be a fair bit more often than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,

    Are you sure that you don't want to push for daily updates? If I blogged all of the crazy things my kids said, odd moments with my staff, and situations God has used to build me up, I'd never get anything else done!

    Perhaps I could alter permissions so you could offer guests commentaries occassionally... Editorials seem right up your alley:)

    ReplyDelete