Saturday, September 13, 2014

Canarian Countryside

Gran Canaria has some beautiful areas.  Two weeks ago Elijah and I went out with a group for a 4 hour hike and last week Malachi decided to join Eli and I on a 3 hour hike with some guys from the ship.  Both hikes were organized by my friend, the amazing Robert Brugler.

The first hike was largely down hill from the ridge line down the valley to a town called San Mateo.  I picked a prickly pear along the way as I'd never tried one before.  For those who have never done so, I advise against it.  I was picking tiny cactus slivers out of my fingers for some time.

The second hike was to a natural rock monument called Roque Nublo.  Not as challenging as the first hike, this one was definitely more beautiful and we had a great time with the guys.

Picking prickly pears is a bad idea...

Elijah tuckered out on the bus ride back from the first hike.

This is the starting point for the first hike.  We hiked to the bottom of the valley.

Malachi at the end of the second hike.  Roque Nublo is behind me as I take the photo.

Roque Nublo in the distance to the left of the picture.  This is taken close to where we started the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment