Monday, July 8, 2013

Amazing God and Wonderful Daughter

Well, it is official now.  Grace and I (Dara) went and got her visa so everything is checked off the to-do list.  She leaves for Boston on the 19th of Aug. where she will have a 3 day orientation before flying to France with the group.  I have been doing good, not stressed or worrying.  I have had many people ask me how I am doing or say how there is no way they could let their 15 year old go for a whole year.  Today at church it hit me.  Since Grace was 9 years old she has loved to go to church with me.  I do not drag her to church; she goes because she wants to learn and worship, always sitting beside me.  Today was the last time she will be beside me at church for a whole year because Elijah and I head back to the ship on Wednesday.  Today we sang: 

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name


I felt so blessed.  I have two reasons for being able to send my 15 year old daughter into the world without me for the year.  One: God is in control and he has a plan for Grace, and two: Grace is an amazing woman of God with roots that are already in deep.  I will miss her terribly but I know she will be just fine because today in church I see her and her heart.  As we ended the service I could hear her beautiful voice singing, knowing Jesus is the center of Grace's life.

Jesus be the center Be my source be my light Jesus Jesus be the center Be my song Jesus
Be the fire in my heart Be the wind in my sails Be the reason that I live
Jesus Jesus Jesus be my vision Be my help Be my guide Jesus



I am so proud of you Grace !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment