Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hole in the Wall

The title is what came to mind as I looked at the porthole in my office window.  It's actually a hole in the door but, well, you know...

My door isn't really four feet high, I just took the picture from a funny angle and from the wrong perspective.

 My office is on deck 5 near the Reception counter.  It's about the size of a walk-in broom closet but has two windows and I thoroughly enjoy it.  It also doesn't have chair.  About a year ago I bruised my tailbone (doing cannonballs into the pool - go figure) and it was torture to sit.  I realized that my desk was adjustable so I moved it up and got rid of the chair so I could stand to work.  I enjoyed it so much that I've kept it this way. 

My slightly messy, chairless office.  Photo taken from the porthole in the above door.
I haven't actually measured my office but I have just enough room to lay down on the floor with my feet at the wall where the windows are and still have a book in front of me when I do homework at night.  I suppose if I were to offer it as real estate it would have descriptions like 'quaint' an 'cozy' but I love it.

Our Managing Director is on holiday and I'm filling in for him for about a month.  That means that I have the keys to his palatial office (complete with executive corner desk, book shelves, and a four person meeting table) but I'd have to sit at his desk instead of stand and my kids' artwork isn't on his wall.  I think I'll stay where I am.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you wrote this, can almost hear you saying everything. But you know you also gave me some ammunition now, I can tease you relentlessly about that tailbone now, might even have to make some proper. lol.

    ReplyDelete