Thursday, November 24, 2011

"I'm Thanksgiving for cookies"

So, as we went around the table at dinner tonight asking everyone what they were thankful for, Xavier says, "I'm Thanksgiving for cookies".  It was hysterical.  Three-year-olds are awesome and I'm thankful for ours.

Some of the other things that we're thankful for:

Dara:
- friends and family both near and far
- green bean casserole on Thanksgiving in Africa
- sailing and the fact that we get to do it again in a few weeks

Peter:
- an amazing God of forgiveness, patience, redemption, grace, justice, mercy, and love
- my beautiful, patient, and incredibly wise wife as well as my phenomenal children
- the privilege of serving God on the Africa Mercy amongst this amazing 'family'
- supportive, encouraging, and sacrificial friends
- for the Stewards Department and the honor of leading such fine group of men and women

Grace:
- for the school onboard and all of the teachers that sacrifice their time and give of themselves to help me get a great education
- a chance to travel around the world and learn about and interact with different cultures
- for the close community on the ship and my friends that are always nearby

Elijah:
- animals
- the ship
- tasty food

Malachi:
- fun places to go like the beach, the Seaman's Mission, and Fil-O-Parc
- toys
- my friends

Xavier:
- cookies (as previously mentioned)
- my friends
- for my Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment